BILL MANES HIGH SCHOOL
At the Alternative Education Center we believe that all students can achieve at high levels and become productive members of the 21st century society. To this end, we will provide a rigorous, relevant standards-based curriculum through varied and effective teaching strategies in a caring, safe, learning environment.
Bill Manes High School Mission and Vision
The mission at the San Pasqual Valley Alternative Education Center is to provide a high quality standards based education in an alternative setting from the comprehensive high school so that a student can improve his/her basic academic skills and successfully return to graduate from the comprehensive high school or graduate from the center. To achieve this mission we will:
- Provide standards based instruction and materials.
- Develop an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) for each student.
- Allow a student to earn credits at an accelerated pace.
- Provide a safe and orderly environment for student learning.
- Promote respect of self, others and property
Common Core Standards
Click here to open Common Core Standards in a new window
Mr. Darrell Pechtl - firstname.lastname@example.org - 760-572-0222 ext. 2298
Bill Manes/Alternative Ed Continuation High School is open to all students in SPVUSD age 16 or older*.
The program of Bill Manes is an alternatively structured education model, designed to permit students to focus on only two classes per grading period, with the potential to complete as many as 8 courses per school year.
Students at Bill Manes may be permitted to participate in many activities with their peers at SPVHS, including athletics and assemblies, and voluntarily enrolled students may petition for transfer to SPVHS at each semester end.
Bill Manes/Alternative Ed Continuation High School students who are voluntarily enrolled may participate in interscholastic sports as a member of the San Pasqual Valley High School athletic teams. Students must meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
Bill Manes/Alternative Ed Continuation High School Athletic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a voluntary transfer to Bill Manes
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA and are no more than two (2) failing grades.
- Must be in full attendance during the week of the game.
- Must not violate the SARB attendance contract.
- Parents will be responsible for transportation to practice and access to games.
Gibbs, Debbie - email@example.com - 760-572-0222 ext 2303
Espinoza, Georgia - School Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org - 760-572-0222 ext. 2298
Angie Wright - Outreach Consultant - email@example.com - 760-572-0222 ext. 2301