Back to News
New Addition to Eligibility Policy Beginning August 2019:
On June 25th the SPVUSD Board of Trustees approved an extracurricular activities (sports, FFA and field trips) and events attendance requirement:
Extracurricular Activities and Events Attendance Requirements
A student must be in full attendance on the day of an event unless excused by a doctor, court appointment, or other approval by the administration. If the activity is scheduled for the entire school day, students must be in full attendance the day before the event unless excused by a doctor or court appointment, or other approval by the administration.
Students must also maintain 90% Attendance for the totality of the preceding weeks of the current school year.
- School related absences will not be counted against the student attendance percentage
- All other absences, including excused absences, will be counted against the student’s attendance percentage.
- The Superintendent or designee may allow for exceptions to counting Excused absences out of consideration for exceptional reasons (i.e. Medical, family emergency, etc.)
- These will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- Students who fail to qualify for an event or activity due to low attendance, must make up the absences through Saturday School to requalify for participation.